Hiring: Data Engineer
Join an experienced data solutions team building the next big data management solution. Based on Dublin’s south side, the company is working on an exciting product that deploys a new supply chain approach to data management. The product drives huge efficiencies for existing enterprise clients across multiple industries. Following a successful year, they are launching version 2.0 in Q1 2022. You will work closely with the Product Development team to take it to the next level.
In this role, you will work with the Product Services Team as a Data Engineer. This role is critical within our solution delivery process to support the configuration of the Product for new and existing clients. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining end-to-end advanced data analytics solutions within our custom B2B data software, along with building and maintaining high-quality data apps for our customers across a range of industries.
Day to day, this role will involve:
- Employing an array of technological languages (SQL Server, Python) and tools (Excel, Power BI) to connect systems together and bring data to life.
- Designing, constructing, installing, testing, supporting and maintaining data solutions.
- Building high-performance algorithms, predictive models, and prototypes alongside our Chief Data Scientist.
- Recommending different ways to constantly improve data reliability and quality. Researching new uses for existing data.
- Data engineer with 3+ years experience who has an intellectual curiosity to find new and innovative ways of solving data management issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software/computer engineering, applied mathematics, physics or statistics.
- SQL Server, Python and Excel
- An analytical knowledge of databases
- Testing and Quality Assurance (QA) ability
- Excellent communication skills for resolving support issues and for engaging with management
- Logical thinker with excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Focuses on solutions, not problems
- Self-motivated, proactive and goal-oriented with a strong interest in technology and technology-related issues
- Able to prioritise, multi-task and resolve issues independently
- Desire to constantly learn new technologies, approaches and to take on suggestions and ideas
- Good business sense, able to identify with users needs
Nice to have:
- A master’s degree in computer engineering or science.
- Data visualization skills using Power BI or Tableau
- Snowflake experience
- Experience working in an Agile environment using Scrum and Sprint for delivery
- Experience with the Microsoft Azure stack (Azure SQL, Azure Pipelines, Azure Data Factory, Azure DevOps)
- A manager sponsored personal development plan to support your career growth.
- A quarterly training budget to improve your skills.
- Competitive Salary.
About the Team:
We are a dynamic team of developers, data analysts and marketing specialists. We believe good data quality is essential to decision making, and we’re passionate about creating a solution to support data quality-assurance at scale. We move fast, and we over-communicate, and we care about what we create. We build due-diligence into everything we do.